Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pretty Pallettes December Challenge

It's been way too long since I've blogged. With the changes that I mentioned in the last post, I've had a lot less time to do blog challenges and play with new jewelry endeavors. I've been busy with filling orders for bangles ( you can always find the latest offerings on my Instagram account) which has been a blessing, and then a Facebook friend (Heidi) posted that she was going to be the partner for the Pretty Palletes December challenge, and encouraged me to join in and play. With an invite like that, would could resist? The colors and inspiration picture that Erin Prais-Hintz had chosen were so pretty and perfect for a New Year's Eve party.

I loved the combination of colors and shapes. She challenged us to mix metals and to use either her choice of Halcraft USA beads ( found at Michaels) or use our own. Next time I was in the store, I found these beauties. Aren't they pretty? Those gorgeous black roundels were my starting point- I love the geometric shapes within the bead, as well as the mix of colors.

 Here are the SKU numbers that I used (from left to right)
81004 Mixed metal gears
94004  14mm Glass Faceted Crystal Rainbow bicones
91688 Multi acrylic pave roundel
93970 Glass black luster faceted roundel
80287 Amethyst drop small faceted

Here's the finished result. 
Gearing Up for New Things

Here's another peek. The gear components made me think of the clock and how time waits for no one. As another New Year awaits, so do new possibilities! Here's another peek
Gearing Up set


Before you leave, make sure you head over to Heidi Parviainen's blog, Heidi P Says, to see what she created.  She's an incredibly talented lady, who also writes tutorials for Wubbers University. Thanks, Heidi, for your encouragement!

I hope that your New Year is filled with dashes of grace and many, many splashes of joy!
Christie

5 comments:

  1. Love your pieces, Christie! I'm so happy you joined in the fun!

    The beads you chose are awesome and I love that you added the metal gears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore the bead choices, Miss Christie! I think those gears are perfect for that touch of pizzazz and to draw your eye. Thanks for playing along. Watch for the next Pretty Palettes inspiration on January 7th! May your New Year be creatively fulfilling and full of the best kind of challenges to help you grow! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the spark of colors in your necklace its full of light and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you incorporated the Gears into your designs! Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your inspiration with the gears of the clock! What a very festive necklace!

    ReplyDelete